VET FEE HELP
What is VET FEE HELP?
VET FEE-HELP is a Federal Government scheme which enables eligible students to have all or part of their tuition fees paid for them by the Australian Government in the form of a loan.
Basair Aviation College is approved by the Department of Education and Training (DET) to offer VET FEE-HELP loans to eligible students.
Eligible students can borrow funds over their lifetime up to the FEE-HELP limit. In 2016 the FEE-HELP limit is $99,389. There is a loan fee of 20% for full fee-paying students undertaking VET FEE-HELP loans. This fee will be included in the VET FEE-HELP debt.
The loan is re-payed gradually through the pay-as-you-earn (PAYE) tax system once your income is above the minimum repayment threshold, which is set by the Australian Taxation Office (ATO). For the 2015-2016 financial year this has been set at $54,126. Visit www.ato.gov.au for more details.
Am I eligible for VET FEE‑HELP?
You are eligible for VET FEE‑HELP if you:
- are an Australian citizen; or
- are a New Zealand Special Category Visa holder who meets long-term residency requirements; or
- are a permanent humanitarian visa holder (resident in Australia for the duration of the unit);AND
- have not exceeded the FEE‑HELP limit (see below); AND
- meet course requirements as follows:
- are a full fee-paying / fee for service student studying a diploma, advanced diploma, graduate certificate or graduate diploma level course at an approved VET FEE‑HELP provider; OR
- are a student subsidised by a state or territory government (other than the Australian Capital Territory) studying a diploma or advanced diploma course; OR
- are a student subsidised by the Victorian, South Australian, Queensland, Western Australian and New South Wales Government studying in a specified certificate IV course (nominated courses vary by state) as part of the Certificate IV Trial that concludes in December 2016; AND
- are enrolled with an approved VET FEE-HELP provider in an eligible unit of study by the census date for that unit.
How do I apply for VET FEE HELP?
To apply for a VET FEE-HELP loan, you will need a tax file number (TFN) and will need to fill out a Request for VET FEE-HELP assistance form. Basair Aviation College will provide you with the form.